Jamais Vu 2010

I want to get a sense of self as I look back on 2010 and the effect the past 12 months had on my life. This year I moved into my brand-spanking, all-new, heavily-mortgaged house, turned thirty, experienced the biggest travesty in Thamizh Cinema history and battled (battling) depression. More on that later; maybe not. My life has been a series of accidents; wherein others (or normal people) plan their lives, I have been carried by the flow of life; where the wind blows and other related figures of speech. I have been leading a pretty normal life, give or take a few bouts of craziness.

I have found myself asking the question (yes, THE question), "what's the point of life, anyway?" and think about it for thirty minutes and having come up with zilch, realise I have gained nothing on the thirty first minute and have a five-minute-breakdown of pointless ponderings and mindless mutterings as life seems to go on around me. I visually become distressed as the above mentioned question comes to mind. My method of reflecting is very strange and also very creepy. I lock myself in the house and sit on the floor (in a rocking position) and start humming a tuneless ballad. Why a ballad, you may ask? Even if you don't, I have no idea.

Well, everything that needed to be said has been said. Hope 2011 holds a few (not asking for much) pleasant surprises. Happy Holidays, everyone; for those who work during this time - suckers! Wait, that includes me unfortunately. Well, such is life…

Comments

  1. Happy holidays my friend.. well I'm also one of those suckers working on this time.. hope 2011 brings some changes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What one can do but hope, Sir? Have a very merry christmas and a prosperous new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unakkum keelae ullavar kodi, ninaithup paarthu nimmathy naadu-that old man from chettinadu penned these lines.Interestingly, Poet vaali(yes i am basically a tamil poet)was about to give up on his lifelong ambition of being a lyricist,one day he heard these lines and he never looked back. I have heard vaali relating this story himself many times!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a Lonely Place (1950)

Endhiran (2010)