Realise

It was one of many fine evenings. I know; I had watched the sunrise and sunset from my bed. I have felt the warm rays of the sun waking me up and the gentle evening breeze caressing my cheek to say good night. Today was like any other beautiful day.

Unfortunately, most people would dismiss today as just another day. For them it would not have been special, except me. I feel sad for these people. Why would they be so miserable? It is as if they have forgotten the pure natural air and rather breathe in the fumes; as if they have forgotten how to be happy.

I feel a drop of rain on my cheek; a tingling sensation. What is this? Why would people want to protest the rain with their dreary umbrellas? Why won't they feel anything anymore? Am I the only one here to feel the phenomenon that nature has to offer?

I feel the cool earth embracing me. It is a warm feeling. I am happy. I lie on the cool earth and suddenly I am devoid of all worldly troubles. Have I always felt this way? I could not say. I may have taken it for granted just like these people. I look up at the sky. Radiant blue - is there such a colour that goes by the name of radiant? If there is, then the sky today would be a great example.

My mind has become light. Only if these feelings were permanent, the world would be a peaceful place. World peace; the most clichéd answer at a beauty contest and the most unattainable matter in the world today. My mind is exploring many paths with unknown destinations. Am I lost? I would not think so, as I am not concerned with reaching my destination nor am I anxious. Happy-go-lucky, as people would say.

I look at the people. It looks like some are crying for my sake. That is funny. Even I have not cried for me, as far back as I can remember. I see the look of envy on some faces. Contrasting don't you think? I should be confused, but actually I do not care. Look at these people; they live, they suffer. Am I a voyeur of their daily lives?

Suddenly, the whole place has gone quiet. The man who was talking has stopped talking. I can't even hear the sounds of nature. Have the birds stopped singing? Have the trees stopped whispering to each other? The crowd of onlookers move closer.

I remember her. I remember her face and her gentle voice. She looks the saddest of them all. Why? I remember her as a very happy person. When she laughs, the whole world laughs with her. I see tear streaks on her face. She had cried a lot. They were warm tears and by the time they reached my face they chilled just as I feel the cool earth on my face.

I feel the world becoming dark. Some of the sad onlookers have already moved on. Even she walks away. But she looks back; I know; I feel it. I am left with the protection of the cool earth as I can't see the sky anymore; the radiant sky. But I am not sad; nor should you be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jamais Vu 2010

In a Lonely Place (1950)

Endhiran (2010)