Drivel

What keeps us going? What is our driving force? I have tried to search for that factor that is the driving force. What is it that drives me? Well, Scotch Whiskey is the driving force of my uncle, and it drives my aunt mad. Whenever I feel the urge to do something, I often wonder what makes me feel that way. Too much Red Bull and coffee or both may cause these drivinisms (or drivinations?) but they may also have side-effects of diarrhoea and insomnia (or both)?

People have driving factors ranging from money, stardom to downright lunacy. Not me. I do not have any ambitions. Why should I have any ambitions? What if a Tsunami struck, the day I come up with an ambition? What then? I was about to make plans but the recent Queensland floods have made me a sceptic. Until I get a clear answer, I won't have an ambition. I'm not one of those, who plan everything ahead; well not planning in the long run anyway. I do not know what I will be in 10 or 20 years time. So what does that make me? A philosopher, a pessimist or a realist? None of the above. I'm just plain lazy. I know that, you know that. So, is it wrong not to have an ambition? I don't think so. It's just I won't be getting anywhere in my life.

I had a friend who was younger than me and he planned his marriage (this included what he expected in his partner), down to the last detail. Could I top that? I do NOT think so! That's not me. On a side note, I don't think he did plan his divorce, but that's a totally different story. I just stick by one motto: Live by the Moment!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jamais Vu 2010

In a Lonely Place (1950)

Endhiran (2010)