Resisting You

I awake and contemplate a lone bird singing a tuneless song over a cup of tasteless coffee as the death of dew drops announce an unwelcome morning. A connection becomes lost in the vastness as I search in vain; compelling dreams of constant darkness. I want to forget the night full of cold kisses from warm lips; the smooth satin covers your figure and I shiver. Caring, loving eyes full of hatred as your frozen smile has torn me to shreds as each piece of my broken heart reflect our wonderful, not-so-wonderful life together.

I die every moment, thinking of you
the ghost of a future life
I wake up to die again
your love was poison, so was it remedy

I abide by the laws of this land of disbanded memories as I am free to be chained, trapped in a maze, in labyrinths, in caverns and I find the lost souls that roam the hills and fall madly in love where the spiritual lust is pure as the driven snow. Lost but never finding a solution nor do I want to as my search ends where my life begins and I contemplate death.

I yearn for the shade
of the lone, rotting tree
I have travelled miles
I am yet to be free

I think, I ponder, I reflect on empty feelings of overwhelming emotions. I am not sure if I should laugh, cry, feel anger, fear, stay or leave. The cold night welcomes me with sweet, sickly lullabies as I buy whisky and love on the seedy sidewalks of my surreal life.

A passing eternity for all mankind
in the life unspoken of a fragile bind
I fight and I die, many truths unsaid
a wisp of dust, into the dark night I fade

A life foregone a distant memory; a lone shadow is in place of me. The summer gets colder as I walk alone on an empty street; destination unknown. We are but two lonely souls together, lost in our search for an illusion of love. I die on a dreary night, the echo of your whisper accompanying me. My soul is in purgatory; ever-wandering, ever-lasting misery.

"For I cannot be part of the cocktail generation;
Partners waltz, devoid of all romance
The music plays and everyone must dance
I'm bowing out; I need a second chance"
- Don McLean (Castles in the Air)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jamais Vu 2010

In a Lonely Place (1950)

Endhiran (2010)