Rain, Rain, Never Go Away

Surprised was I when I realised the train had arrived on time today. Many a time have I heard the frustrating automated voice of Transperth announcing the delays of buses and trains due to extreme weather conditions. The extreme weather conditions, of course, would refer to the slight drizzle which would have lasted for two minutes at the most. So what were the odds of the train arriving on time today after the heavy downpour yesterday all night long? Baffling, it is, as Yoda would say.

Segueing into my thoughts as I grow tired of the clichéd feeling of people sitting inside, besides a cosy fire or electrical heater, with a hot beverage watching the rain. Why should you not go outside and enjoy the rain? Life becomes magical for a few moments when my inner cynic dies as I cherish and embrace life. Usually these magical moments do not happen; you will have to create them. But, sometimes nature provides you with the euphoria and if you are able to accept the simple pleasures, then life will truly become magical.

Many poems and songs have been written about rain. I have seen many movies where, from long lost lovers to Mexican standoffs, rain has been used as a prop to convey sensitive human feelings and get the audience emotionally invested in the scene. I would like to write more, perhaps a short story called "The Drama in the Deluge", but then I am too busy watching the rain from inside of a moving train with a cup of hot chocolate in my hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jamais Vu 2010

In a Lonely Place (1950)

Endhiran (2010)