Catch-22

I am currently going through a "glass-half-empty" phase of my life. Nothing seems to fit, work or make sense. Today's program is brought to you by the words "whatever" and "I don't care". Let's start with "meh". When coming to terms with the stale state of mind, the cold hands of death do not seem so scary; on the contrary, they are welcome. I have had my share of downs in life, but I have never felt so miserable; not even when my father died. The feeling is to get away, not on a bloody holiday but from this life.

These are the moments when I realise that life is not just about surviving; it is about living. Do I want to understand the meaning of my life? The scarier life becomes when, eventful as the journey maybe, unattainable the destination as I sit with my thoughts and I realise that, larger the silence, the longer the day. It is at moments like these, I have been told, that God will speak to you, but as tediousness has evolved into cynicism, I am not sure where God fits into the whole scenario. I rest my head on the bosom of ignorance and I sleep the sleep of the contended. The need to survive becomes unclear as I move between the worlds of my dreams and reality.

Does it really matter if I live in my dreams? Is it a sweet dream or a nightmare of a monotonous life? Being comfortable has become the most essential part of everyone's life. Not wanting to take risks has become the motto of life. Blame everyone for everything and you are seriously in need of a reality check. Realise that reality is not the comfortable cocoon of your boring life while you keep complaining about the comfortable cocoon of your boring life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Lonely Place (1950)

Jamais Vu 2010

Endhiran (2010)